Monday, August 25, 2008

Wiring & Installing Terminal Brackets, Begin Skins, August 23, 2008

After futzing around with the stall warning switch installation for more time than necessary, I moved on to the wiring and installing the terminal brackets. (Important note: the plans call for building the L & R wings at the same time. I cannot do this because my aim is to build the RV12 in a one car garage and don't have room for wings to be built simultaneously.)









While following the directions and attaching the terminal and ground wires to the W1205L using the screws and nuts called for, I discovered that the inventory indicated that 2 MS21042-08 nuts were provided (and they were) but the plans require 3. Two for the W1205L and 1 for the W1205R. I will order another from Van's tomorrow.





Since I'm only working on one wing at a time, I could move on to the WING SKINS, section 17-02! Brian was with me and we flipped the wing skeleton so that it was upside down on the table. So far, no surprises in lining up the holes and riveting. Some holes looked like the lined up perfectly but the rivet would not go in, even with gentle persuasion. I attempted to line them up using an awl with some success. Those that would not accept a rivet received a #30 drill visit. All went well and the W1201L inboard skin was installed before calling it a day.

No comments: