Sunday, August 17, 2008

SLANERV12 JULY 21, 2008



I called Van’s for update on rivets which were on back-order. They were ready to go, just as Barbara had said they would be. I asked Barbara to ship Scotchbrite wheel in rivet box as well as some scrap material for me to practice on. She said it should have been part of the Wing kit, called “trim package.” I checked when got home from work and there was nothing on inventory list like this. 

Talked with Bruce about how to cut parts. Snips work just fine. Also, no need to debur lightening holes. Also, suggested buying ‘v’ shaped deburring tood in Emery catalog. I continued separating parts. Used snips to separate and file to take away excess material. Last 30 minutes used 60 grit wheel on bench grinder to take down excess material.

I took advantage of a nice day and did some of the filing work on the patio.

No comments: