Sunday, August 17, 2008

SLANERV12 JULY 26, 2008

I picked up my son, Syd at about 9:15 a.m. and we went back to the condo to work on the plane. Page 14-02 of the plans has us machine counter sink (MCS) the holes on the flanges of the stub spar doubler. Neither Syd nor I have done this so we had to figure it out as we went. We used scrap wood (trimming) to test depth of sink and would insert the rivet to see if it was deep enough (or too deep) before applying to metal. This worked pretty well.




Syd MCS much of one spar doubler and I did the other. Then I deburred all the holes we MCS.

        

Then, moved on to counter sink the stub spar to accept flush rivets and riveted to the stub spar channels. Plans then indicated to put the faperon hinge assembly together. This went together very well, but when using the rivet squeezer, I could not get the shop side flush. Left it for now and worked on tip attach angle. Separated and deburred. Done for the day.

        

No comments: