Monday, August 25, 2008

Stall Warning Switch Installation, August 20, 2008




I visited Van's today during lunch hour to get the correct washers for the stall warning mechanism. Bruce helped me. Van's had not included the #4 washer called for in the plans, but they had included a few extra #4L washers. They were out of the #4 and had not indicated this on the packing slip and so I've been trying to solve the mystery for 4 days now. Bruce's solution was to double up on the #4L because they are 1/2 the thickness of the #4's. He also stated that what mattered was that these washers act as spacers. Nice to know.

The switch finally goes together and seems to be correct. I 1st installed the vane upside down and didn't see the error until after the wing skin was clecoed in place. I felt good to catch this at this stage and not later. I put it together at least 4 times,discovering errors each time. The end result is a stall warning switch that works like the directions call for.

No comments: