Saturday, October 31, 2009

October 31, 2009: P. 27-05 Brake line installation






P. 27-03 Pedals and Brake Lines.

No real surprises here if following the directions. I turned the fuselage on it's side so as to temporarily install the rudder pedals. This made it easier. From there, I worked on the brake lines.

I found that sliding the sleeve and nut onto the tubing, then pushing the insert as far as possible, tended to hold the sleeve in place. Then following the plans, I put the tube (with sleeve and insert in place) into boiling water for 60 seconds, did the trick. When pulled out of the water, and with force against a piece of heavy angle, the insert was pushed into place.

The only small surprise was that when clamping the main brake lines to the side of the tunnel, the pre-drilled hole was too small. I ended up using a #11 drill bit to enlarge the hole and the fit was perfect.

I then removed the pedal system, leaving the main lines in place within the tunnel, and taping off the ends of the open brake

1 comment:

Abi said...

It was fun to see how you put the brakes in!